www.forums.luftwaffedata.co.uk

This forum is associated with www.luftwaffedata.co.uk
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Seeking data & a rare photo
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:07 am 

Hello all , allow me first to introduce myself , I am Dave Thompson -owner / operator of U.M.I. Resin Inc. I cater to custom limited run kits of a few of the more obscure ww2 types -here is an example of my work
http://modelingmadness.com/reviews/axis ... tmcg12.htm

recently I started a new project , but ran into a brick wall of sorts , The new project is the Bf-109H-1 that was used a very short time by an evaluation unit in france . the problem i'm at now is that almost every 3 or 4 view drawing etc , contradicts the next as to whether the wing was a constant dihedral as some show that while other references show the additions to the wings dead flat , then the dihedral starts at the outside ends.
I think one big problem is the "paper airplane" never built sub types over flowed into reality of what the H really looked like .
SOMEWHERE there HAS to be at least one picture of this beast ? Any help will be most appreciated.

Post subject: 109H
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:28 pm 

Hi David,

According to the Mtt general arrangement drawing that I have here dated 24 Feb 1944, the dihedral begins at the join between the centre section and wing outer panel immediately outboard of the main undercarriage leg pivot at a location adjacent to ribs 1a and 1b.

This change in dihedral is also noticeable in a photo that I have here of a 109H during trials in France in 1944.

There has been recent discussion on these prototypes on the LEMB. You'll have to register and the thread can be found at this link:

http://www.luftwaffe-experten.org/forum ... topic=1957

HTH

Dave Wadman

Profile E-mail